[Cosmo-dev] Re: [Design] [Cosmo][Proposal] Defer Free busy display feature in Cosmo 0.6

Priscilla Chung priscilla at osafoundation.org
Tue Nov 14 08:53:46 PST 2006

On Nov 13, 2006, at 10:54 PM, Brian Moseley wrote:

>  the ui has got to behave gracefully when it is given a free-busy
> ticket, even if
> it's something minimal.

I think I did suggest a minimal accommodation: "I would suggest a
dialog telling the user that the Cosmo UI does not currently support
free-busy." I realize this is not ideal, but is good enough for now.

I understand free-busy is in the server product already, but is out
of scope for the Cosmo UI. [Ted feel free to chime in here…]. The
Cosmo server has a lot of great features already, but unfortunately
to make Preview we have to make some tough decisions together (not
just PPD) on what features the Cosmo UI should support.

I'm reiterating again: "Supporting free-busy in the Cosmo UI  will
require time from two developer, design, QA. It's very likely the
total time to design, implement and test the display of free-busy
will take time away from features necessary for Preview. "

-Priscilla