[Cosmo-dev] Cosmo Jackrabbit nodes

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Fri Jun 30 16:33:13 PDT 2006

On 6/30/06, Bobby Rullo <br at osafoundation.org> wrote:

> Since iCal4j does a lot of the hard work of parsing this type of file
> and since iCal4j is relatively well supported, would it be feasible/
> practical to extend ical4j to deal with the vcards as well? Also
> might be worthwhile to see if the ical4j developers are already doing
> work in this direction or planning on it.

i think it's feasible, but i don't think we should hold up development
of our carddav functionality to develop our own vcard library. if it
turns out that vcard4j is inefficient in specific ways, we can look at
replacing it, but i'd rather not build our own plumbing until it
becomes clear that we need it.

i agree that we should ask ben if he has any plans to add vcard
support to ical4j. maybe he could be convinced to do it with a
donation to his project.