[Cosmo-dev] Cosmo Jackrabbit nodes

Bobby Rullo br at osafoundation.org
Fri Jun 30 09:32:05 PDT 2006

> I am planning to use similar API's to parse the vcards (Something
> similar to the iCal4j for parsing iCalendar).
>
> There are two projects (AFAIK) that implements the vCard RFC and that
> could be used for parsing.
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/vcard4j/
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mime-dir-j/
> Both are licensed under LGPL. Suggestions about the API (including
> links
> to other projects if any) are welcome. I am inclined towards mime-
> dir-j
> because its labeled stable in sourceforge and source code looks
> neater.
> I really doubt if vcard4j has any relation to ical4j, but would
> like to
> know if its related and if so how good is the ical4j code.

I just looked at vcard4j - from what I can tell it's not related to
ical4j.

Since iCal4j does a lot of the hard work of parsing this type of file
and since iCal4j is relatively well supported, would it be feasible/
practical to extend ical4j to deal with the vcards as well? Also
might be worthwhile to see if the ical4j developers are already doing
work in this direction or planning on it.

> I would like to know the importance of this two properties, part of a
> calendar collection, is it defined by the spec or defined by Cosmo? :
> calendar:language = en_AU
> calendar:supportedComponentSet = VEVENT
> I did not see any timezone (calendar:timezone) property set by Scooby,
> but I am equally curious about this property?

These map to WebDAV properties defined in the CalDAV spec. Check out
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-dusseault-caldav/#page-14 for
instance.

bobby