[Cosmo-dev] working on atom feeds

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Tue Jun 27 16:54:38 PDT 2006

On 6/26/06, Elliot Lee <osafoundation at intelliot.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to change the feed URIs to /feed/elliot/ instead of
> /feed/atom/1.0/elliot/
>
> I've edited urlrewrite.xml and FeedServlet.java. are there other files
> that connect these together?
>
> I also saw that web.xml points to org.osaf.cosmo.feed.FeedServlet .
>
> the biggest problem I have now is that when I try to access
> http://localhost:8080/cosmo/feed/elliot/elliot_s_calendar , the server
> gets stuck processing indefnitely until the browser times out. after
> that, java.exe uses 100% CPU until I manually force it to terminate.
>
> it seems that it's stuck in an infinite loop, but I'm not sure why
> this would be. how should I debug?

i'd kill the server, then restart it in debugging mode and attach a
remote debugger. that would let me set a breakpoint at some suitable
early point (say FeedServlet.doGet) and step through the stack to
observe what happens.

instead of running "osafsrvctl start", you can run "osafsrvctl jpda
start" which makes the jvm listen for remote debugging protocol
commands (this is a feature built into the jvm). i use jswat for
debugging - it's an eclipse-based program that makes debugging really
easy without including the bloat of a full-fledged ide.

if you're an ide man, then you probably already know your product's voodoo.