[Cosmo-dev] JRE and/or SDK for server bundle?

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Tue Jun 27 16:13:45 PDT 2006

On 6/27/06, Elliot Lee <osafoundation at intelliot.com> wrote:

> I always thought that the way Microsoft Windows and DOS work, you
> always type the name of the batch file or the executable without the
> file extension. that is, you could always type just 'edit' to run
> 'edit.com' or 'cleanup' to run 'cleanup.bat'.
>
> keeping the file extension would work too, but it was never necessary
> because MS-DOS uses the file extension to determine whether the file
> is executable or not, so it would never execute a file that had no
> extension. the way I typed it above does work when I point JAVA_HOME
> to a JDK.

yea, that appears to be the case. when i run "osafsrvctl run" in the
windows command shell, using the snarf trunk, i get the following:

C:\cygwin\home\bcm\work\osaf\snarf\dist\osaf-server-bundle-0.5-0.3-SNAPSHOT\bin>
osafsrvctl run
"Logging derby output to C:\cygwin\home\bcm\work\osaf\snarf\dist\osaf-server-bun
dle-0.5-0.3-SNAPSHOT\logs\derby.log"
"Using OSAFSRV_HOME:      C:\cygwin\home\bcm\work\osaf\snarf\dist\osaf-server-bu
ndle-0.5-0.3-SNAPSHOT"
Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\cygwin\home\bcm\work\osaf\snarf\dist\osaf-server-bundl
e-0.5-0.3-SNAPSHOT\tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\cygwin\home\bcm\work\osaf\snarf\dist\osaf-server-bundl
e-0.5-0.3-SNAPSHOT\tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\cygwin\home\bcm\work\osaf\snarf\dist\osaf-server-bundl
e-0.5-0.3-SNAPSHOT\tomcat\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_06
WARN - ConfigurationFactory.parseConfiguration(161) | No configuration found. Co
nfiguring ehcache from ehcache-failsafe.xml  found in the classpath: jar:file:/C
:/cygwin/home/bcm/work/osaf/snarf/dist/osaf-server-bundle-0.5-0.3-SNAPSHOT/tomca
t/webapps/scooby/WEB-INF/lib/ehcache-1.2beta4.jar!/ehcache-failsafe.xml

i don't have a jre installed on my windows box, so i can't test the
problem you're having. i do know that i've successfully used a jre
with osafsrvctl.sh on os x.