[Cosmo-dev] [Sum]: June 12 - June 16

John Townsend johntownsend at mac.com
Mon Jun 19 14:11:14 PDT 2006

Cosmo Summary: June 12 - June 16

Hiring
-----

Cosmo currently has one open Senior Software Engineer position! The
job description is posted here:

http://www.osafoundation.org/
employment.htm#SrEngineerServerInfrastructure

If you are interested in this position or know someone who might be,
please let us know!

Mailing Lists
of interesting discussions that have been on-going. Here's a brief
summary of the major discussions that have been going on this week:

*Cosmo 0.4 released*

Brian Moseley announced that Cosmo 0.4 has been released and is
available for download from the OSAF site.

http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/cosmo-dev/2006-June/000888.html

*Atom Publishing*

Elliott Lee, our Google Summer of Code student joins the mailing list
and introduces his plans for extended Atom support in Cosmo:

http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/cosmo-dev/2006-June/000890.html

*Baselining Performance on Cosmo*

John Townsend kicks off a discussion on baselining the performance of
Cosmo. Our goal is to put tests in place that baseline the
performance of Cosmo and measure it regularly.

http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/cosmo-dev/2006-June/000891.html

*Cosmo and Scooby URLs*

John Townsend started an intense discussion into how we can handle
URLs within the Chandler Ecosystem. Our goal is to support all of the
possible clients as easily as possible and minimize the number of
unique URLs that users have to deal with.

http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/cosmo-dev/2006-June/000893.html

*Cosmo External Libraries list*

Vinu Gopal, our summer intern with the Cosmo team started an effort
to document the 3rd party libraries used by Cosmo.

http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/cosmo-dev/2006-June/000902.html

Meeting Notes

Server Meeting Notes:
http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Journal/ServerMeeting20060615