[Cosmo-dev] Cosmo and Scooby URLs

Mimi Yin mimi at osafoundation.org
Fri Jun 16 15:13:42 PDT 2006

Hi John, see more in-line...

On Jun 16, 2006, at 2:58 PM, John Townsend wrote:

> On Jun 16, 2006, at 2:36 PM, Mimi Yin wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure I understand...
>>
>> I think it would be fine for iCal users to:
>> 1. Click on a Chandler-generated sharing URL ---
>> 2. Preview share in Scooby
>> 3. Click Subscribe with iCal
>
> What happens in Scooby when they click on the "Subscribe with iCal"
> button? Do they see instructions on how to do it?

Yup. Or ideally, iCal can launch auto-magically and the appropriate
URL is automatically pasted into the subscribe field.

>> Unless we get this kind of seamless integration, I think we need
>> to route everyone through some kind of Web UI that allows users to:
>>
>> 1. Preview the contents of what they're about to subscribe to
>> 2. See instructions about how to Subscribe to the share with their
>> client of choice
>>

> But, what about Chandler? Are we saying the following:
>
> 1. User publishes a calendar from Chandler and then they copy that
> URL into mail and mail to their friend.
> 2. The friend clicks that URL and is launched to Scooby and views
> the calendar. They then click the subscribe in Chandler button and
> they get another URL to paste into their chandler.
>
> What happens if I paste the original Scooby preview URL into Chandler?
>
> Is that really what we are saying? Just checking :-)
>
> --> towns

Chandler users would also preview via Scooby.

If the Chandler user pastes the URL directly into the Subscribe
field, we said we could make that work with special headers so Scooby
can redirect to Cosmo? OR is that what's contentious right now?

Mimi