[Cosmo-dev] Cosmo and Scooby URLs

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Fri Jun 16 15:13:54 PDT 2006

Hi John,

> But, what about Chandler? Are we saying the following:
>
> 1. User publishes a calendar from Chandler and then they copy that
> URL into mail and mail to their friend. 2. The friend clicks that URL
> and is launched to Scooby and views the calendar. They then click the
> subscribe in Chandler button and they get another URL to paste into
> their chandler.
>
> What happens if I paste the original Scooby preview URL into
> Chandler?
>
> Is that really what we are saying? Just checking :-)

It's fine if the user pastes the original Scooby preview into Chandler,
as long as the resource at the end of that URL is something Chandler can
understand.  Chandler would need to learn to understand an XHTML page
with metadata about where to find the appropriate CalDAV collection, but
that's really not hard.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey