[Cosmo-dev] Cosmo and Scooby URLs

Mimi Yin mimi at osafoundation.org
Fri Jun 16 15:04:46 PDT 2006

Today, clicking on ticket URLs doesn't launch iCal for me. Are you
saying we would need to spit out a special iCal URL in order to do this?

What about the following scenario:
I receive a sharing invitation, I use Outlook.
I don't know what Apple iCal is.
I don't know what Chandler is.
For that matter, I don't know what Scooby is either.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't use any of those products. I use
Outlook. (Given the reality of the market, this will probably be
quite common.)

I think to myself, ugh, I just don't want to bother.

2 URLS would be easier to understand:

Read only: http://....
Read-write: http://.....

Once you're looking at the share on the web, then you can decide what
to do next. Giving users all the options up front is overload.

Furthermore, without previewing the content, how do I even know if
this is something I want to subscribe to in iCal or my RSS reader?

Directing all sharees to a Web UI allows them to preview the share
before subscribing. None of the other solutions address this crucial
step of the workflow.

Also, why should the Sharer care about all of these different URLS?

Mimi