[Cosmo-dev] Cosmo and Scooby URLs

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Fri Jun 16 14:40:02 PDT 2006

On 6/16/06, John Townsend <towns at osafoundation.org> wrote:

> I think this is true from a technical perspective, but from a
> business perspective.. I think GData is more likely to win. With
> Google using GData has its means to export and import data from their
> various online services, it will gain acceptance and wide usage
> rather quickly (despite whatever shortcoming it may or may not have).

that sounds rather like an argument for using microsoft technologies :)

i haven't yet seen any tools that use gdata. i searched this morning
for a movable type plugin that could interact with google calendar -
nothing. a calatom feed, on the other hand, can be integrated with
movable type with the commonly used feed plugin. i could do this with
cosmo-demo today.

btw, the same applies to feed readers. calatom is more useful to a
netnewswire user than gdata.

anyway, my point is not that gdata sucks, but that calatom does not
suck and is actually more useful and relevant to us. it's not just
some toy for blog hackers.