[Cosmo-dev] Cosmo and Scooby URLs

Mimi Yin mimi at osafoundation.org
Fri Jun 16 14:36:20 PDT 2006

I'm not sure I understand...

I think it would be fine for iCal users to:
1. Click on a Chandler-generated sharing URL ---
2. Preview share in Scooby
3. Click Subscribe with iCal

As for the separate options of:
"Subscribe with Scooby"
"Subscribe with Chandler"
"Subscribe with iCal"
"Subscribe with feed reader"

Are you saying that the Sharer should have these options when sharing
collections?
Send out 4 sets of URLs and then let the Sharee decide which one to use?

If we generate an iCal URL and someone clicks on it from Apple Mail
or Thunderbird, will the URL we generate automatically open up iCal
and plop our URL into the Subscribe dialog? That's how URLS generated
from iCal work.

Unless we get this kind of seamless integration, I think we need to
route everyone through some kind of Web UI that allows users to:

1. Preview the contents of what they're about to subscribe to
2. See instructions about how to Subscribe to the share with their
client of choice

Mimi