[Cosmo-dev] Cosmo and Scooby URLs

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Fri Jun 16 14:08:03 PDT 2006

On 6/16/06, John Townsend <johntownsend at mac.com> wrote:

> Actually, I disagree. The point is that Cosmo doesn't do redirecting
> at all. We encapsulate that knowledge in a separate webapp for the
> ecosystem. This allows Cosmo and Scooby to stay "pure."

ok, right. i responded to a number of messages and forgot that in the
mix. it doesn't remove the problem tho. it just moves the problem to
your new webapp. if chandler tells the user "here is the sharing url",
and that is handled by the new webapp, then how does the webapp react
when somebody using chandler sends that sharing url, and how does it
react when somebody using ical sends that same exact sharing url?
there's no way to tell short of user-agent header negotiation, which
is a bad idea for obvious reasons.