[Cosmo-dev] Cosmo and Scooby URLs

John Townsend johntownsend at mac.com
Fri Jun 16 14:05:54 PDT 2006

On Jun 16, 2006, at 1:36 PM, Jeffrey Harris wrote:

> [...]
> I don't think it's a requirement that iCal users be able to
> immediately
> plug a Chandler sharing URL into iCal's subscribe dialog.  As long as
> that URL returns non-techie-friendly HTML, it should be adequate to
> include a "subscribe to this calendar in iCal" link.

Actually, I think mimi might disagree with this. If users are handed
a URL for sharing and they have to go to a webpage and then pick
another URL (from a list of URLs no less) then they will likely just
give us and not subscribe at all.

> [....]
> In summary, I think achieving the illusion that Scooby is the
> interface
> to Cosmo (for Chandler ecosystem users) should be quite doable without
> losing request handling purity.  In fact, Cosmo needn't know that
> any of
> this is happening.

I like the idea of keeping this stuff in a separate webapp, but I
don't like the idea of moving it to Scooby. Scooby should remain
focused on being a calendaring webapp. The proposed functionality
(routing to different places) gives Scooby too much knowledge of
things it really shouldn't know about.

--> towns