[Cosmo-dev] Cosmo and Scooby URLs

John Townsend johntownsend at mac.com
Fri Jun 16 13:00:29 PDT 2006

One of the other possibilities is that we write a separate WebApp
that is delivered along side Scooby and Cosmo that contains all of
the information that hooks cosmo and scooby together. It would
provide "abstract" URLs for all purposes that can be used for all
client applications.

This would satisfy the requirement of simple URL support for users
while keeping Scooby and Cosmo independent of each other (and keeping
cosmo's DAV support architecturally clean).

the urls could be something like:

http://cosmo-demo.osafoundation.org/sharing/<username>/<calendarName>
[?ticket=<ticketID>]

1. The default behavior would be to just to Scooby.
2. If accept headers are present, then the request could be forwarded
onto to Cosmo.
3. For clients that can't set the accept headers, we can add request
parameters:
     - ...&render=WebDAV|CalDAV|Atom|WebApp, etc.
4. The ticket part is optional. If you don't specify the ticket, then
it just attempts to go to that user's calendar collection.

     Flickr does this for its feed support. They have one URL for
delivering feeds and use the render request parameter as the driver
of the format to render. I know its not exactly the same, but I think
it still might work in this case.

Thoughts?

--> John