[Cosmo-dev] Unit tests and test files

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Wed Jun 14 21:46:49 PDT 2006

On 6/14/06, Lisa Dusseault <lisa at osafoundation.org> wrote:

> But I can't find these files, leading me to believe they don't exist
> yet

it's that they don't exist anymore. these files were used by the old
reports tests that mikeal extracted into HTTPTest
(src/test/functional/HTTPTest/files/reports/*).

it's extremely difficult to write any unit tests for cosmo because
jcr-server isn't written with unit testing in mind and it's impossible
to tease apart most classes to test them in isolation. furthermore,
most jcr-server tests would require a running jcr repository.

one of my goals for the autumn is to refactor jcr-server to be unit
testable and to not require a running repository (except perhaps for
specific implementation classes in which are gathered all usages of
the jcr api).

until then, it's probably your best best to write new functional tests
that can be run with HTTPTest. there's a wiki page for running the
tests and another for writing them - see the testing section of
<http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Projects/CosmoDevelopmentHome>.