[Cosmo-dev] Cosmo and Scooby URLs

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Wed Jun 14 14:22:03 PDT 2006

Hi John,

> We could change that behavior to make Cosmo redirect to a Scooby URL
> in the GET of a entire collection case. That would help to solve the
> goal of one URL to rule them all :-)

This is what I've been thinking we'd probably do, hopefully we can make
it work.

> - Cosmo has no knowledge of Scooby at this point. To redirect to a
> Scooby URL, we would have to have knowledge of a running Scooby and a
>  URL to it. Its possible that someone might want to run Cosmo without
>  scooby. We'd have to make sure they would configure the server
> easily to handle that case.

Hopefully Cosmo can be configured to have pluggable behavior for
something like this.  It could continue to default to returning an ics
file if no plugins were present, but if Scooby was, it would do what we
want.

> - Is anyone depending on the current Cosmo GET behavior? How can we
> continue to provide this functionality? - What else have I forgotten?

This behavior is the way we currently expose CalDAV collections for
read-only access by Apple's iCal, so I think we'd need to expose such a
feature in some other way.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey