[Cosmo-dev] Re: [Scooby-dev] Issue with same tools in multiple products.

Mike Taylor bear at osafoundation.org
Wed Jun 7 19:13:21 PDT 2006

I can see the issue you are talking about but I feel another issue will
happen if we move the testing tool to a new location.  We would have to
treat it like an external project and bring into play all that would
entails:

	- project space (svn, docs, etc)
	- release cycle
	- testing across all products for each release
	- updating Cosmo and Scooby for each new release

Currently I don't know if HTTPTest is ready for that and I wonder if
the time spent doing the above equals the time maintaining two copies
(knowing that it will be merged later).

Part of my concern is that having it as a standalone project will force
Cosmo's HTTPTest to worry about Scooby's HTTPTest requirements and
vice-versa and that may be premature.

Once the OSAF Eco-system Testing Tool has been defined and setup as
it's own project then I think we can take the two HTTPTest parts and
the Chandler test framework part and start figuring out how to merge
them.