[Cosmo-dev] calatom

Kervin L. Pierre kervin at adevsoft.com
Thu Jun 1 06:19:02 PDT 2006

I'm a little concerned about fragmentation. Are
people going to start adopting this?

Atom, on first glance doesn't seem like a good
start for a calendar sync protocol. Many calendar
client/server setups are going to be master/master
type replication instead of the slave/master
replication that Atom has been built around.

If we start to address the different sync scenarios
that calendar servers face, even the just the most
common ones, I suspect Atom will begin to look like
a new protocol.  And at that why not use a protocol
better equipped for synchronization like SyncML or
adopt a custom calendar synce protocol like

Best regards,