[Cosmo-dev] Sharing format questions

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Thu Jul 27 11:36:24 PDT 2006

On 7/27/06, John Townsend <johntownsend at mac.com> wrote:

> Is there any performance concerns here? Correct me if I am wrong, but if an
> item's resource contains core attributes, doesn't that mean that I would
> need to do a GET on the resource and then look at its contents to see the
> attributes? I am imagining a use case where I would show a list of resources
> and want to display key core attributes along side them. Sounds like it
> would be expensive if the core attributes are stores in the body of the
> item's resource.

depends on the protocol you're using. with caldav, you have to GET the
event (or formulate a REPORT that will return it) and then parse the
icalendar to get the start date out of it. with gdata, the start date
is actually an attribute of the atom item, so that's a little easier.
in either case, what morgen's proposing is no different than how cosmo
works today.