[Cosmo-dev] Re: [Scooby-dev] Cosmo/Scooby Merge (Please read and comment)

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Fri Jul 14 10:11:23 PDT 2006

On 7/14/06, Elliot Lee <osafoundation at intelliot.com> wrote:

> I read through the arguments and I thought my opinion could go either
> way. Now I do think it's a good idea for Cosmo and Scooby to be one,
> but I have a question. Why exactly were they developed as separate
> applications in the beginning?

the necessity for an end user web interface to calendars (or to your
chandler data) was not seriously considered for several months after
development started on cosmo. when we did begin to plan scooby, we
pictured it as a standalone web calendar app that would work equally
well with any caldav server. later we narrowed the scope to just cosmo
for "year one". then osaf's focus changed to the ecosystem, even more
tightly coupling the three products.