[Cosmo] [cosma] Re3: Cosmo Possibilities (Brian Moseley)

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Sat Jan 21 07:52:17 PST 2006

On 1/19/06, Glen FPD Main Ritchie <glnritchie at floatingpointdesigns.com> wrote:

> Ok, this is all getting very territorial.
> * I'm fine with your docs, on your web site.
> * However, if I'm writing my content (under Creative Commons), to
> contribute to your project?

after thinking about this a bit more, i believe the best approach is
for you to create whatever docs you think will be useful, license them
as you believe appropriate, and post them wherever you choose.
assuming that the cosmo committers find your documents useful, we'll
link to them from the appropriate places (the cosmo project web site
primarily) so that cosmo users can easily find them, making clear that
these documents are your work, not that of the cosmo project.

if your effort turns out to be sustained and of high quality, the
cosmo committers may decide to ask you to donate your work to the
project under a license compatible with the apache 2.0 license and/or
join the project as a committer, but we don't need to cross that
bridge until we come to it. as ted explained in his earlier message,
we intend to run cosmo as a meritocracy, which means that committer
status must be earned with sustained high quality contributions.

glen, i think this addresses your concerns and doesn't jump the gun
too much with worries about the mechanics of contributing directly to
the project. i'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)