[Cosmo] Re: cosmo work

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Thu Jan 12 19:09:49 PST 2006

On 1/12/06, Ted Leung <twl at osafoundation.org> wrote:

> If you don't tell anybody you are out there, how can they come help
> you.  Hyping is one thing.   Quietly creating records in freshmeat
> seems pretty safe.  The Serverside is a different story.

i don't see how quietly creating records in freshmeat is going to be
noticed by the people who might be most motivated to come help.

i think that in order to attract the attention of people who will make
impact, we will also have to attract the attention of people who will
be impatient with early stage software and who will make false
assumptions and spread fud.

the story will be very different after 0.4, when all major
infrastructure is in place, and maybe even after 0.3, when most of
caldav is ready.

if i have the minority opinion i'm happy to go do some PR, but i don't
think i am.