[Cosmo] Re: cosmo work

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Thu Jan 12 19:17:56 PST 2006

On 1/12/06, Aparna Kadakia <aparna at osafoundation.org> wrote:

> We currently do not have any cosmo automated functional tests. As part
> of Chandler functional test suite we have 2 testcases, one  that imports
> a calendar into chandler and then publishes it to QA cosmo server and
> the other testcase subscribes to it.  Rest of the testing is still
> manual. Now we have some extra bandwidth in the QA team, I will come up
> with some plan to add additional cosmo tests. Maybe we could meet one of
> the days to come up with a plan for cosmo automation testsuite.

we certainly should. but that begs the question of what can heikki do to help?

i would like to see a litmus-like suite of tests that use a network
client to exercise full coverage of caldav, cmp and atom in cosmo,
including different security contexts (root, admin user, regular end
user, anonymous user). that is by definition going to cover a lot more
of cosmo than what chandler uses. i'd run that test suite every few
days, and after every major change, in addition to my regular battery
of unit tests. this seems like something heikki could get started on
immediately and do a great job with.

i'm pretty sure that whatever acceptance tests qa winds up defining
will be far less comprehensive and also will probably exercise much
coarser bundles of functionality (sharing a calendar, say, instead of
putting a file and getting back its etag).

while we're on the subject of what qa can do, i would also love to see
 use silk test to automate testing of the cosmo web console ;)