[Cosmo] Re: cosmo work

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Thu Jan 12 14:43:32 PST 2006

On 1/12/06, Heikki Toivonen <heikki at osafoundation.org> wrote:

> Ok, I can see how I could make that work with an extension to hammer, or
> using a headless Chandler (good thing about that would be that we would
> really get the traffic that Chandler generates, bad in the sense that it
> would bring in the huge bundle that is Chandler into the picture).

we've talked about bringing in headless chandler, especially since
morgen's already written some sharing tests there (you'd have to get
the details from him).

> This I am much less clear about. I'll check with Aparna to find out what
> she currently does and go from there.

great.

> Thanks. It's going to be interesting for me to work on this, as I
> haven't done much server stuff before. Also Java is pretty new to me -
> my only touch with it so far has been two patches I wrote for the Pydev
> Eclipse plugin.

the best part is that http is language independent, so you can use
whatever you want on the client side - tho i'll be able to hack on
your stuff more effectively if it's in perl or java ;)