[Cosmo] IRC usage "best practices"

Lisa Dusseault lisa at osafoundation.org
Thu Jan 5 11:11:18 PST 2006

As our use of IRC and number of IRC channels increases, it's not
reasonable (perhaps it never was) to expect people to read IRC live or
in logs, as the only way to be informed of important discussions or
tentative decisions.  I propose that as a "best practice" on IRC we
attempt to summarize such discussions on an archived/open mailing list.
  I think this is a pretty typical approach.  I briefly documented this
"best practice" proposal on
<http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Projects/HowToJoinOsafChats>
(2nd paragraph) as a reminder for participants.

Comments welcome,
Lisa