[Cosmo] Re: [Dev] Proposal for new automation architecture

Lisa Dusseault lisa at osafoundation.org
Fri Feb 10 12:06:51 PST 2006

We're not yet committed to standardizing on *any* single test
framework for Cosmo, OAF or other.  In fact we'll have more than one
-- we are beginning to run Litmus (granted, not exactly a test
framework) automatedly, we have junit tests which aren't going away,
and we are considering what to focus on for automated client requests.

Have you considered the Python doctest-based client automated tests
that Heikki proposed and the Slide java/XML data-file oriented
approach that Grant posted on?   Comments?

If the actual *unit* tests remain in Java, can the client automated
tests (the protocol request suites) be in Python without harm?

Lisa