[Cosmo] Re: [Dev] Proposal for new automation architecture

Kervin L. Pierre kervin at adevsoft.com
Fri Feb 10 11:56:45 PST 2006

Hello Group,

I am going to share my initial reaction to this
proposal though I understand some may resent
someone outside the development team coming
across as critical...

Philippe Bossut wrote:
> (http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Projects/OpenAutomationFramework)
> first. Keep in mind also that Mikeal is trying to solve a problem that
> includes Chandler and Cosmo.

Unifying the testing procedure and tools sound like
a good idea but this will introduce Python as a
dependency for testing Cosmo.

a. Python is a large dependency simply for tests
    when Java has no shortage of testing frameworks.

b. Someone working on cosmo may have no python
    experience at all and we may want to encourage
    developers to add their own tests as they go along.

c. Internally Cosmo and Chandler have very little
    in common and so very few tests are going to
    be able to be shared.

Best Regards,
Kervin