[Cosmo] Recommended hardware?

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Thu Feb 9 11:52:50 PST 2006

We are in the process of getting additional hardware for our QA lab, and
we think we need to get a machine to run cosmo (and snarf/scooby) on.
For Chandler we chose the QA hardware as the recommended/typical
hardware that Chandler users would run, and I think we should use the
same criteria for this one.

So, what would be the typical scenario where Cosmo is installed? My
guess would be a small work group, say up to 20 people. Suppose also
that all of those would be using Chandler (I believe that is the most
demanding client app at the moment). The OS on that box should be Linux
for a couple of reasons: 1) I think most likely customers would be using
that and 2) many of the tools we want to use for testing cosmo are
linux-only.

What kind of hardware would that evaluate to?

--
  Heikki Toivonen