[Scooby] Re: [Cosmo] A couple big ideas: cosmo release and server project merge

Katie Capps Parlante capps at osafoundation.org
Fri Feb 3 17:56:11 PST 2006

Brian Moseley wrote:
> On 2/3/06, Ted Leung <twl at osafoundation.org> wrote:
>
>> I think that the sheer volume of traffic will make this impossible at
>> some point.    The amount of traffic will be a deterrent to people
>> subscribing to a single list.
>
> also, end users are defined differently for each project. the end user
> of cosmo is most likely a system administrator, which won't be true
> for chandler. scooby will probably fall somewhere in between.

Subscribing to two lists might be a deterrent to some users if they
think of it as one product. Now, this is maybe where I'm out on a limb,
the idea that we want to think of this as one coherent system from a
user's perspective, and not completely loosely coupled projects that
have little relationship to each other beyond using standard protocols.

But agreed, a cosmo system administrator is a different population.
Perhaps with scooby you have two distinct groups, those who want to host
a scooby service and end users of our scooby service.

Cheers,
Katie