[Cosmo] More test weirdness

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Fri Feb 3 10:50:14 PST 2006

On 2/3/06, Heikki Toivonen <heikki at osafoundation.org> wrote:
> I've decurled hammer/creataccounts.py, but when I tested it against
> cosmo-test.osafoundation.org I found it does not work (got 403 I think).

not directly to your point, but fyi: cosmo-test is running 0.2.7. i'll
announce when 0.3 is available there.

> Assuming I broke something in the conversion I then tried the original,
> but I get the same results with the original. So I am wondering if this
> has ever worked, or if it is incompatible with whatever is at
> cosmo-test. It seems to work fine on localhost.

yes, it has always worked :) i'd have to look at the logs on
cosmo-test to get more information.

> I also did some more experiments with silmut, and noticed some
> differences between localhost and the remote cosmo-test. I don't know if
> these are expected. First, when I did a GET for /home/test1 on
> cosmo-test, it replied with 302, pointing to /home/test1/ (200 if I
> originally pointed to /home/test1/). On localhost I get 401 for both
> forms. One difference at least is that I am running Windows XP on localhost.

the behavior you see on cosmo-test is the expected behavior. i don't
know what version you're running on your local machine, but it's
possible it lacks the bug fix i made some time ago that causes
/home/test1 to redirect to /home/test1/.