[chandler-users] Work Proxy. Chandler Desktop Can't Get Through

David A. Gershman dagershman at dagertech.net
Mon Mar 1 15:52:07 PST 2010

Hello,

I'm unable to have Chandler Desktop successfully test with my Chandler
Server on the internet via my employer's proxy.  My server is running on
port 8443 and without the proxy (i.e. at home) Desktop can test the
account just fine.  But behind the proxy, Desktop times out.

When doing a packet capture on both scenarios, being behind the proxy
results in only 5 frames captured.  The initial TCP 3-way handshake
(SYN, SYN-ACK, ACK) followed by on 2 more frame exchanges (PSH-ACK, ACK).

Doing the same capture at home results in the same 5 frames, but then a
flurry of additional PSH-ACK, ACKs exchanges...27 in all.  (Probably the
SSL negotiation prior to Desktop telling me of a successful test.)

Additional information: the SSL cert was created using the instructions
in the Wiki and when I'm at home, Desktop does warn me about the
"unknown" cert (similar to the browser due to lack of signing by a known
Certificate Authority).

Any ideas as to why I can't get through the proxy?

David A. Gershman
gershman at dagertech.net
http://dagertech.net/gershman/
"It's all about the path!" --d. gershman