[chandler-users] Patching a snapshot of Chandler Desktop 184.108.40.206 to work with Snow Leopard
G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Thu Sep 17 09:11:31 PDT 2009
Graham Perrin wrote:
> I now have a patched version of Chandler Desktop that seems to work fine
> with Mac OS X 10.6 build 10A432.
> Expect a built version to be made available in due course.
Off-list, and outside of Bugzilla, we received a request for a step-by-step
If you upgraded to Snow Leopard despite the published incompatibility, and
if you can't wait for an official build of Chandler Desktop, then you might
try the following — but please understand that this configuration may be
_unsupported_. The usual, in this type of situation: no guarantees, take
greater than usual care with backups, be prepared to walk yourself through a
restore routine if things go wrong, etc..
That said, here goes:
1. The usual URL for downloads is <http://chandlerproject.org/download> but
for once, let's use a snapshot from
2. Copy the application to your hard disk.
3. Select the copy. Control-click to Show Package Contents. Once inside the
package, browse to:
4. Download and unzip the file that is attached to this message, but do not
attempt to open the end result.
5. Replace the ChandlerApp at Contents/MacOS with the ChandlerApp that you
downloaded at step (4)
6. remove or move the four files mentioned at
7. close the Finder window(s) to the internals of the package
8. launch your patched copy of Chandler in the usual way.
View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/Compatibility-with-Mac-OS-X-10-6-Snow-Leopard-tp3535331p3664103.html
Sent from the Chandler users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the chandler-users