[chandler-users] Chandler project future

adamprocter adam.procter at soton.ac.uk
Wed Nov 25 11:20:37 PST 2009

Benjamin Melançon wrote:

> Chandler is open source, it is ready when it is ready.  More
> importantly, what can we do to help?

I really liked Chandler but it does feel like its dead, I am looking to
migrate to Google Wave in some way for GTD style and will be using Chandler
as my benchmark, it ticked so many boxes for me and I do have a lot of
'stuff' still in Chandler which I need to get out into a nice format I can
import into other things.

The major items for me have been.

Sync across multiple computers
Sync date specific items into iCal
Share Tasks with other people
Allow for Mobile input and review

I think Google Wave could do all this, however its so new to me and everyone
I'm not sure how yet

Added I would like
Form based Tasks, forms can be completed by others, submitted and not
re-edited but can be comments against - track projects based on proforma
information
Possible using Public waves ?

The only two apps outside of wave that look nice are

The Hit lists but without iPhone/Mobile support and multi computer syncing
its not really usable for me
http://www.potionfactory.com/thehitlist/

Things is nice but again not multiple mac support.
http://culturedcode.com/things/

I feel like Chandler could have gone somewhere but just as it picked up pace
it seems to stop (again)