[chandler-users] Short set of requests for inclusion in the Top Ten things to be added to 2.0 (was: Chandler 2.0)

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Wed May 27 22:39:48 PDT 2009

Owen Kelly wrote:

> I would like to add a short set of requests for inclusion in the Top Ten
> things to be added to 2.0, and I want toadd it in the right place.

IMO the right place for votes is OSAF Bugzilla.

> Top Ten

By coincidence, in Bugzilla each person is allowed ten votes.

> … I am now firmly convinced by, and committed to, Chandler, but I cannot
> yet recommend it to all my colleagues. Some of the things that I can live
> with (because I know why I am using it, and thus why I am prepared to
> forgive it) would cause them to slink back to Outlook within an hour.

If you intend to recommend Chandler Desktop, then Bugzilla is good for
votes.

If you intend to recommend Chandler Hub, with clients other than Chandler
Desktop, then votes for issues (with the Hub) must be expressed beyond
Bugzilla.

Re  http://chandlerproject.org/Product/TopUsabilityIssues Top Usability
Issues  in the wiki, I disagree with nothing that's already there, but my
main problems with the page are:

• for the more than fifty points, there is only one reference

• for any user who wishes to vote for (agree with) a point, find a
workaround to that point, or simply learn more: there is no help, no
steering.

With that in mind, I have added a two line introduction and notes for
editors.

Re Chandler 2, <http://chandlerproject.org/Developers/WebHome#ChandlerTwo>
advises:

> Bugtracker - not set up yet