[chandler-users] Welcome to Chandler: breaking the long page into more welcoming chunks

Jos Yule lists at theorganization.net
Mon May 25 10:17:50 PDT 2009

This is one of the quandaries about Chandler, and by extension, any new
thing. It takes time to figure them out. I think Chandlers way of doing
things is quite good, but its not immediately apparent - it takes time
using it and playing with it. If you try to force it to work more like a
"typical" todo list manager, you are going to get frustrated.

I don't know how to let new users of the software know that - we want it
to be immediately usable, but the reality is that it has a different way
of working with data then most other PIM-style packages.

Having spent some more time using the Lightning plugin for Thunderbird,
i almost wonder if that wouldn't be an easier entry into using
Cosmo/Chander, then the desktop... Although you do loose some of the
uniqueness of Chander (triage, etc), you get exposed to the easy sharing
of todo/notes/events via Cosmo...

Hard questions to answer.

--
Jos Yule