[chandler-users] Using Chandler successfully: events, notes, messages

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Fri May 22 16:58:26 PDT 2009

Graham Perrin wrote:
> Owen-2 wrote:

>> As an example, in RTM I created a task-list and planned a tentative
>> project, task by task, without knowing when, I would actually be able to
>> do it. These were all effectively notes, which I turned into tasks when I
>> found a slot into which I could schedule the project.
>>

> For that type of activity: in Chandler I would probably create at least one
> collection per project.

Which begs a bit of question.

Would it be possible to work towards a situation where collections could
contain both tasks and more collections ?

Your WORK collection might then contain

     Task: Annual Review
     Task: See ICT about new laptop.
     Collection: Water Source Heat Pump Project
     Collection: City Energy Project Development

etc. It wouldn't be a bad thing if collections could be fully recursive.
Certainly having your 'Work' and 'Project' collections at the top level
seems to be limiting.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor