[chandler-users] Chandler triage (application) for iPhone OS 3

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Thu May 21 05:26:10 PDT 2009

http://n2.nabble.com/-tp2951484p2951484.html Joseph Burley wonders about
Chandler and iPhone/iPod Touch .

<http://blog.chandlerproject.org/2009/01/08/news-for-the-new-year/> reminds
us that Chandler Server:

> … plays nicely with Apple iCal, Google Calendar, and Evolution. And again,
> because of its support of open standards, the mashup possibilities are
> endless.

An idea: Chandler triage (application) for iPhone OS.

This application should show:

1. items that are Now or Later
2. the title of the item
3. whether the item is alarmed
4. whether the item is scheduled
5. whether the item is addressed
6. whether the item is starred.

Already in Chandler Desktop:

• for alarms (3), the bell icon is established
• for events (4), the clock icon is established
• for messages (5), the head and shoulders icon is established
• for starring (6), the star icon is established.

Product definition:

The Chandler triage applciation should allow me to triage an item, based on

a) the title of the item
b) the presence or absence of immediately understandable icons

— and the set of icons should be minimal.

The Chandler triage application need not show any additional information.

Beyond triage: for further actions on events, I can use Calendar (iPhone
OS).

Beyond triage: for further actions on to-do items, I guess that Notes
(iPhone OS) will work.

That's the idea, in a nutshell…

Arguments?

Recommended reading: