[chandler-users] Location field visibility (was: Location field completed with the wrong location)

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Thu May 21 03:02:28 PDT 2009

Owen Kelly wrote:

> I have only just noticed (because I was following up what you just wrote)
> that Notes that aren't events don't have location fields - even if they
> have tickler alarms set.

Likewise :) I didn't notice until yesterday that the location field appears
only for events.

True: we can explain a logic for the field appearing in other types of item.

However: it's significant that our normal uses of Chandler didn't find it
missing.

Interop with Lightning:

• task entry does not present a location field

• a location can be added to an existing task

• task location entered in Lightning does not appear in Chandler, even after
Chandler conversion to an event

• task location entered in Lightning will appear in Chandler following
Lightning conversion to an event, but this conversion is bugged: you'll end
up with two copies of the item, not in sync.

iCal 3.0.7 (1284) is similar to Chandler, iCal does not use locations with
To Do items.