[chandler-users] Location field visibility (was: Location field completed with the wrong location)

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Thu May 21 03:02:28 PDT 2009

Owen Kelly wrote:
> I have only just noticed (because I was following up what you just wrote)
> that Notes that aren't events don't have location fields - even if they
> have tickler alarms set.

Likewise :) I didn't notice until yesterday that the location field appears
only for events.

True: we can explain a logic for the field appearing in other types of item.

However: it's significant that our normal uses of Chandler didn't find it

Interop with Lightning:

• task entry does not present a location field

• a location can be added to an existing task

• task location entered in Lightning does not appear in Chandler, even after
Chandler conversion to an event

• task location entered in Lightning will appear in Chandler following
Lightning conversion to an event, but this conversion is bugged: you'll end
up with two copies of the item, not in sync.

iCal 3.0.7 (1284) is similar to Chandler, iCal does not use locations with
To Do items.
Sent from the Chandler users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.