[chandler-users] Scheduled events with no duration (was: Using Chandler successfully: events, notes, messages)

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Wed May 20 06:39:05 PDT 2009

> … applications may treat a dated timeless event as an all-day event.

Whilst testing Lighning interop with Chandler Hub, I stumbled across a
scheduled event that had no difference between its start and end times.

(The event was also shown on the wrong date. Maybe I had been interrupted
whilst scheduling the item.)

Anyway, this event:

• does have the clock icon in Chandler Desktop and Chandler Hub
• does not appear in the calendar of Chandler

• does not appear in the calendar of iCal
• appears — without its start date and time — as a To Do in iCal:
http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2946160/iCal.png

• does not appear in the task list of Lightning
• appears as an event in the calendar of Lightning:
http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2946160/Lightning%2B-%2Bcalendar.png
http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2946160/Lightning%2B-%2Btasks.png

Events without duration are exceptional. In any case: to better reflect the
meaning of the clock icon in Chandler, I have updated the wiki. The last two
changes at
<http://chandlerproject.org/bin/rdiff/Projects/DashboardIcons?rev1=23;rev2=22>
show this update.

Regards