[chandler-users] Unscheduled 'to do' lists

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Thu May 14 01:34:32 PDT 2009

Owen-2 wrote:

> … Every note appears to have a (creation or last modified) date associated
> with it.
>
> Logically (imho) unscheduled notes should not display a date,

First thought: I agree.

Second thought: what about the date of an alarm? Third thought: we have the
(small) alarm icon. I remain undecided on this…

> and should drop to the bottom of the list.

-1 to sinking without a clean up.

Whilst it's logical for bubbles (typically blue dots) to float items
upwards, I don't like the idea of sinkage.

Wherever possible, avoid making things more complicated than simple triage +
clean up.

> That way they can be recognised and analysed.

If a thing lacks something (e.g. a schedule), better to simply leave it
visibly lacking.

> If it is absolutely essential that Chandler shows a date for each note
> then "Unscheduled" should appear as a section between Later and Done.

I'd prefer white space to Unscheduled.

> I am not saying that "Unscheduled" should be part of the triage,

Agreed; triage should be kept uncomplicated.

> just that notes that have not been scheduled should clearly appear,
> visibly, not to have been scheduled. At the moment that isn't the case.

Agreed … and I'll consider the other messages in this topic ASAP. Time to
head to work now.

This discussion is very interesting to me. When I first edited
<http://chandlerproject.org/Projects/DashboardIcons>, for Chandler 1.0.2,
the Summary table: date aspect was the one aspect that really bothered me. I
too often find myself choosing to ignore that column.