[chandler-users] Unscheduled 'to do' lists

Fritz Meissner meissner.fritz at gmail.com
Tue May 12 14:16:18 PDT 2009

2009/5/12 Owen <owen at owenkelly.net>

> Fritz Meissner wrote:
>

> You can change a note to an event at any time -  click on the icon in the
> note detail pane that looks like a clock and the start and end fields will
> appear. So just enter all your unscheduled items as notes and add the dates
>
> whenever required.
> <<<<
>
> True, you can enter unscheduled items as notes. But when you look at the
> notes in the dashboard they are marked with the creation date. Every note
> appears to have a (creation or last modified) date associated with it.
>
> Logically (imho) unscheduled notes should not display a date, and should
> drop to the bottom of the list. That way they can be recognised and
> analysed. If it is absolutely essential that Chandler shows a date for each
> note then "Unscheduled" should appear as a section between Later and Done.
>
> I am not saying that "Unscheduled" should be part of the triage, just that
> notes that have not been scheduled should clearly appear, visibly, not to
> have been scheduled. At the moment that isn't the case.
>
> Owen

There's a column between the Title and Date column which displays a clock
symbol if the note has been scheduled, a bell if it has an alarm and nothing
if it is not scheduled and has no alarm, so unscheduled notes are
distinguishable. I must admit that I had never noticed this before you asked
the question, so I must consider it, shall we say, an unobtrusive feature.
Clicking at the top of that column will sort the scheduled from unscheduled
notes.

Fritz