[chandler-users] Ticklers not syncing - part 2

Davor Cubranic davor.cubranic at alumni.cs.ubc.ca
Fri May 8 21:44:39 PDT 2009

On Friday 08 May 2009 05:26:31 Owen wrote:

> Is there another way to achieve the effect I want (for items that are
> marked as Later to turn themselves into Now items automatically at a
> set date), or is the way I am doing it the correct way? If the
> latter, then will it be fixed so that it works as it should? If the
> former then point me to the documentation and watch me become a
> Chandler evangelist!

"Later"s will turn into "Now"s when either their alarm is about to go
off or when the event is about to happen. (same day? I'm not 100% sure)
I occasionally notice items that are missed and left in Later, which is
probably a bug, but that's very rare. (And it's something you can
notice fairly easily because those items will be at the top of
their "Later" section.)

So set the alarms on your items, or make them "anytime" events (assign a
date but no time). I tend to use the latter for ToDos because I can
then see them in the calendar view. Remember to turn on alarm sharing
(see my previous email) and you'll be in business.

davor