[chandler-users] Ticklers not syncing - part 2
owen at owenkelly.net
Fri May 8 05:26:31 PDT 2009
since I last posted Chandler has turned round and bitten me, as if to
demonstrate that the fact that alarms are not syncing is indeed a serious
problem. This is what hapened:
1. I needed to restart my laptop (my primary computer - the one where all
the alarms have been set in Chandler).
2. I closed Chandler before shutting down. It closed properly, including
backing up the data.
3. I restarted, and then reopened Chandler. That was the first thing I did.
Nothing else was open.
4. It hung. I waited 20 minutes with the start up screen saying "10%" and
then I used Windows Task Manager to close it.
5. I restarted the laptop again.
6. I reopened Chandler. It opened and then presented me with the new user
7. I had to enter my hub account details again.
8. Chandler synced with the hub and brought back all my information -
WITHOUT ANY OF THE ALARMS
Everything in Later is now a mess of items that I am presumably supposed to
move to Now manually..
I am very, very keen on the concepts behind Chandler. I am very keen on
having a cross-platform desktop app that syncs with the web. I am more than
prepared to adjust my thinking to cope with Chandler's eccentricities. I
don't even mind marginal instability :)
Is there another way to achieve the effect I want (for items that are marked
as Later to turn themselves into Now items automatically at a set date), or
is the way I am doing it the correct way? If the latter, then will it be
fixed so that it works as it should? If the former then point me to the
documentation and watch me become a Chandler evangelist!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the chandler-users