[chandler-users] no obvious UI for "done" note?

Ray Kiddy ray at ganymede.org
Sun Mar 15 12:42:37 PDT 2009

On Mar 14, 2009, at 6:09 PM, Davor Cubranic wrote:

> Do you see the green "Now" or yellow "Later" rectangle in the detail
> view of the note (rightmost column)? Click in it and see it cycle
> "Now"
> -> "later" -> "done".
>
> You can't link notes yet, but everything else can be done in Chandler
> now. I'd suggest reading the Getting Started and other docs on the
> site.
>
> Davor

I will look at more of the docs. Thanks.

By the way, both http://chandlerproject.org/Projects/GetStarted and http://chandlerproject.org/Projects/MoreChandlerBasics
  describe the "Now/Later/Done" thing, but neither points out how the
UI works. There could be, for example, a tooltip on the button which
shows "Now/Later/Done". This would make the UI discoverable and more
obvious.

I will look for the appropriate place to file this suggestion.

And maybe I can see how to help make note linking happen. It is, INHO,
truly crucial. I have implemented, as I am avoiding my to-do items, an
online web app for managing to-do items, and categorization of notes
via tags and linking of the notes was in version 0.1. But I would like
to use something like Chandler and stop hand-carving my own wheel.

thanx - ray