[chandler-users] Chandler Feature request

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 22 08:21:09 PST 2009

Adam Procter wrote:

> For example, I am asked by Matt  "Please can you run a Photoshop training
> session"
> I add this as a note in my training collection with all the details and I
> want to then assign Dave to do this.

1. Summary view, communication status column, click to present the grey
circular 'needs reply' icon:

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2198616/needs%2Breply%2Bicon.png

2. Address the message to Dave, send.

3. Dave clicks Dashboard or In, a bright blue circle † draws his attention
to the message.

Question: within the blue circle, does Dave see

a) the 'needs reply' icon

or

b) one of the
http://chandlerproject.org/bin/viewfile/Projects/DashboardIcons?rev=;filename=communicationstatusUnread.png
other blue icons? †

> a nice list you can add and pick from would be great.

+1

I wonder whether, for applications on Mac OS X, a picker/browser already
exists.

I'm reminded of the iMedia Browser <http://www.karelia.com/imedia/>, which
was open sourced by Karelia then used in NeoOffice.

A search of Apple Developer Connection for "address browser" led me to the
OpenDoc address browser in CyberDog
<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/mac/Legacy/Cyberdog/Cyberdog-14.html>,
which is long gone but brought back fond memories :)

Alternative searches may be more successful.

† icons at <http://chandlerproject.org/Projects/DashboardIcons>; images
originated ~2007-09