[chandler-users] QUALOSS (QUALity in Open Source Software) and related research/projects - OSAF, Chandler, OpenOffice.org

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 15 09:28:33 PST 2009

Readiness Rating™ (BRR), Qualification and Selection of Open Source
software (QSOS), Flossquality (Open source quality research), SQO-OSS
(Software Quality Observatory for Open Source Software), FLOSSMetrics,
CALIBRE, CALIBRATION, EU, GSyC, QualiPSo, FLOSSWorld, WoPDaSD

With apologies for cross-posting

<http://n2.nabble.com/-tp1402419p1402419.html> concerns quality.

Today's addition to that topic represents the responses of Gregorio
Robles to some thoughts that occurred to me during discussion of
(amongst other things):

*	establishment of links with the open source community
*	identification of 'quality leaders'.

Whilst that forum is within the Plone area, the nature of the research
-- and the desire to establish links -- may be of equal interest to
individuals within the OSAF/Chandler and OpenOffice.org communities.

 > may be aware of one or more of the projects listed above. My recent
membership of two UX lists, and awareness of the current (research)
phase of the Renaissance project, reminded me of the QUALOSS
discussion, I thought it timely to bring things up-to-date.

(My forwarding of Gregorio's responses is much later than I intended,
sorry; as I have been busy with other things, my attention to e-mail
has lapsed.)

Best regards

Graham Perrin, Project/Media Development Officer
CENTRIM - the Centre for Research in Innovation Management
<http://www.brighton.ac.uk/centrim/graham>
+44-1273-877922