[chandler-users] Chandler Desktop subscription to the U.S. Holidays collection [was: chandler-users Digest, Vol 25, Issue 11]

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 13 14:43:33 PST 2009

Alison Moore Smith wrote:

> Graham, sincere thanks for trying to help me here. Yes, I'm trying to
> subscribe to the prepopulated US Holidays category. :)

Illustrations at <http://chandlerproject.org/wikihome> and in particular
<http://chandlerproject.org/Projects/CosmoArchitecture> suggest to me that

* Chandler Hub provides services to clients such as Chandler Desktop

* our end user web browser views of Chandler Hub do not (can not?) involve
the Hub as a client of any other service

* our web browser view of the Hub allows us to see no collections other than
our own.

(I don't know whose account the U.S. Holidays calendar is within, but I
guess (?) that this one account holder alone has a uniquely privileged Hub
view of that holidays calendar. Very guessy.)

In <http://chandlerproject.org/pub/Projects/WebHome/Technologies.png>
there's the second blue blob server in the picture but *not* arrowed to or
from Chandler Hub service.

I may be mistaken ...

Certainly I have occasionally imagined that I did things in Chandler Hub
when in fact I did them in Chandler Desktop.