[chandler-users] Bug in Chandler 1.0.2

Alison Moore Smith lists at alisonmooresmith.org
Mon Jan 5 16:33:12 PST 2009

On Jan 5, 2009, at 3:30 PM, Mimi Yin wrote:

> Hi Alison,
>
> You can click on "ADD TO MY ACCOUNT" in the upper left-hand corner
> to subscribe to the Holidays collection on Hub.

Sorry to sound like a dork, but I'm in the hub and there is no "add to
my account" anywhere on the page. I usually use OmniWeb, but also
tried Firefox.

Earlier I tried clicking on the "+" button above the collections area
and adding "US Holidays," but it just adds adds an empty collection,
no way that I can see to connect to the subscription. Also tried to
publish the collection from Chandler desktop, but that option is not
available (presumably because it's already a public collection).

OK, weird situation. This is what I just did:

(1) Clicked on "+" button

(2) Typed in "US Holidays" into the dialogue box

(3)) Clicked "Save"

(4) Clicked on the arrow to the right of "US Holidays" in the
collections list

(5) Click the "Invite" button

(6) Click "View-only" link

NOW the top of that sidebar says "US Holidays" and underneath it has a
link that says "ADD TO MY ACCOUNT."

Clicking on that link gives me a dialogue box that says, "Are you sure
you want to add [US Holidays] to your account.

If I click "Okay" I get another dialogue box that says "This
collection already exists in your account.

 From here, I can't see any way to subscribe to anything IN THE HUB--
only in the desktop, iCal, etc. And there is no way to get back to the
home page, either. And I can't figure out how to get to the "ADD TO MY
ACCOUNT" link without going through the Invite button in an existing
collection.

I'm sure I'm overlooking the obvious and I apologize, but I really
can't see how to do this.

Alison