[chandler-users] Problems with Chandler hub

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Wed Feb 25 12:41:32 PST 2009

Mark Hayes wrote:

> … "Processing" before it tells me that it couldn't save my data. Then it
> tells me that it can't tell me why it couldn't save it because the company
> uses pop-up blocking software (which I don't think it does - 'cos it
> doesn't stop pop-ups from other websites!).

Certainly, when I reported bugs 12732 and 12737 it was very relevant to
report the information that appeared in the window. In my cases I saw,

> Could not save changes to item.
> Click here for details ...

— that appears in what I *think* is a pop-up window (it appears in front of
the Chandler Hub window, albeit the pop-up lacks a close box etc.); and when
I do 'Click here for details ...' another window appears.

> … you can also install Chandler on a USB stick. … But it can't access the
> internet at work to synchronise with hub - so I'm stuffed there too.
> Access to the internet via IE6 at work is by use of a script (the location
> of which is greyed out … transgression of the IT rule-book and get me
> dragged over the coals by the PC police …

Would you be allowed to use
http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable Mozilla Firefox,
Portable Edition ?

Regards