[chandler-users] Performance: comparing Intel and PowerPC versions of Chandler desktop 1.0.3 RC1 on Mac OS X 10.5.6

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Wed Feb 18 13:17:25 PST 2009

Booting from the same disk but using a greater Mac (with 3 GB RAM), shift key
at log in (I didn't bother with safe mode):

First launch of Chandler took a few minutes. (Typically: I wait a long time
for Chandler window to appear, then wait a longer time whilst the
application is not responding. Eventually the beach ball clears and the
application is usable.)

Second launch of Chandler was dramatically faster.

Third launch of Chandler: the application is usable after around eight
seconds.

All quits remain fairly time-consuming.

0 (zero) page outs, no swap used

[imac21:~] gjp22% ls -lh /private/var/vm
total 131072
-rw------T  1 root  wheel    64M 18 Feb 20:52 swapfile0